Post-Covid School Re-opening
Dear Parent / Guardian,
We are grateful to the Almighty God for the safety, good health and blessings of the year 2020.
We wish to appreciate all of you for the commitment and cooperation you have accorded to the school this year. The return of Form IV students gave us valuable learning experience in practical observance of COVID-19 protocols.
It is our intention to ensure complete adherence to the Ministry of Health guidelines on COVID-19. However, reporting to school is staggered to avoid crowding, therefore, siblings in a lower class may report on the same day as their elder siblings.
Reporting dates are as follows:
Tuesday, 05/01/2021 Form 4 Reporting: 4B – Morning (9.00a.m. – 12.00p.m) 4A – Afternoon (2.00p.m. – 4.30p.m.)
Wednesday, 06/01/2021 Form 3 Reporting: 3A – Morning (9.00a.m.-12.00p.m)
3B – Afternoon (2.00p.m. – 4.30p.m.)
Thursday, 07/01/2021 Form 2 Reporting: 2A – Morning (9.00a.m. – 12.00p.m)
2B – Afternoon (2.00p.m. – 4.30p.m.)
Friday, 08/01/2021 Form 1 Reporting: 1A – Morning (9.00a.m. – 12.00p.m)
1B – Afternoon (2.00p.m. – 4.30p.m.)
NOTE: A student who fails to report to school on the scheduled day without prior notification will be deemed to have transferred to another institution and will thus forfeit their position in the school. They will, therefore, be replaced immediately without advance consultation.
Thursday, 18/03/2021 – Form 1 Closing Day (between 9:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.)
Friday, 19/03/2021 – Form 2 Closing Day (between 9:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.)
Friday, 19/03/2021 – Form 3 Closing Day (between 1:00 p.m. & 4:30 p.m.)
There will be NO Mid-Term break for Term II i.e. January, 4th – 18th March, 2021
The School office will be closed from Monday 21st – Tuesday 29th, December, 2020 for Christmas holiday. It will open from Wednesday 30th to Thursday 31st December 2020 between 9.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.
For prevention of COVID-19, our emphasis will be:-
1) Compulsory wearing of masks
2) Frequent handwashing / sanitizing
3) Sufficient social distance
4) Temperature checks twice a day
5) Regular cleaning regime
In order to achieve the above, the school has also established and provided the following:-
1) Additional handwashing points
2) Adequate thermo guns
3) Isolation room
4) A COVID-19 response team
As you prepare to bring back your daughter to school, kindly ensure the following:-
1) All ill-fitting or worn out uniform items are replaced.
2) Provide 2 boxes of surgical masks or 6 washable masks that are comfortable to wear and 1 pair of rubber cleaning gloves.
3) Provide sufficient personal requisites for eleven (11) weeks. NB: Sanitizers ARE NOT PERMITTED.
4) Strict observance of reporting date and timings to avoid crowding.
5) Students should only be escorted by one or two parents/guardians.
6) Provide guidance and counselling to your daughter on the new norms for smooth adjustment back to school.
7) Visiting the school is PROHIBITED unless it’s an emergency and when authorized by the school principal.
8) In case your daughter has a medical condition, kindly inform Ms. Gladys Malii on the reporting date. Any medical appointments should be communicated to the administration at least two (2) days in advance.
9) Students with compromised immunity may be provided with vitamin C supplements.
All school meetings such as Prayer Day, Prize-Giving Day, Academic Clinics and others will be conducted through online platform (Google Meet) and NOT in school as it has been the custom.
Online evaluation tests have been done and results posted for Form I, II and III. Kindly assess the performance of your daughter and encourage her to revise during the holidays. Form IV Pre-Mock III has been done and report forms released to the students.
The examination will be conducted from Thursday 25th March, 2021 to Wednesday 21st April, 2021. Please ensure your daughter that she reports back with the following items:-
1) FX-82EX Casio calculator (Available in school @Ksh. 1,600)
2) New KNEC Mathematical tables (latest edition)
3) Adequate pens, pencils and ruler
4) A transparent pouch for the exam stationery
5) Geometrical Instruments
6) Handkerchiefs (white plain)
Academic year 2021 will have Four (4) terms with the attendant impact on fees. Fees structure is issued for two (2) terms, and a new one will be issued for the New Academic Year beginning in July 2021. Please ensure fees are paid on or before the respective reporting dates without fail.